About the Author
Steve Vernon integrates two areas of skills and experience with his rest-of-life projects, seminars and workshops, which creates a holistic approach:
- 30 years preparing financial analysis and research as a consulting actuary, including two books on retirement issues, and
- 15 years studying human potential and behavior change, including attaining a 3rd degree black belt in aikido and delivering over 50 training sessions on a variety of technical and personal growth topics.
Steve is President of Rest-of-Life Communications, and a member of the Executive Faculty and Research Fellow with the California Institute for Finance at California Lutheran University.
He recently retired as Vice President and Consulting Actuary with the human resources consulting firm Watson Wyatt Worldwide. For over 30 years, he helped Fortune 500 companies, nonprofit organizations and union groups design, administer, communicate and fund their retirement, benefits, and rewards programs.
His latest work is a DVD/booklet combination titled The Quest: For Long Life, Health and Prosperity. It contains interviews with 12 experts in the fields of life planning, health and finance, and interviews with 13 people from all walks in life who are living examples of the advice from the experts. It reflects the latest thinking in how to best live the rest of our lives.
He has published three books with John Wiley & Sons, titled:
- Live Long & Prosper! Invest in Your Happiness, Health and Wealth for Retirement and Beyond (2005)
- Don't Work Forever!, Simple Steps Baby Boomers Must Take To Ever Retire
- Employee Benefits: Valuation, Analysis and Strategies (1993)
Steve is one of the most sought-after retirement experts in the country. He is quoted frequently in such publications as The Wall Street Journal, New YorkTimes, Los Angeles Times, USAToday, BusinessWeek, Fortune Magazine, Kiplinger’s, and Money Magazine. Over the years, he has appeared on television and radio shows on retirement issues. He is an experienced speaker, with over 150 presentations, keynote addresses and workshops on his book Don’t Work Forever!, and over 70 on his latest book Live Long & Prosper! He has addressed audiences ranging from professional conferences, lunch/dinner clubs, women’s executive organizations, employee groups, union organizations, and executive retreats. Audience sizes have ranged from 20 to over 1,000.
‘For this next phase of my life, I want to use my skills and life experience to help people with important life planning – to help them live a long time, be healthy and prosper in every sense of the word!’